Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Wassup, dawg?

People...Language...how different can they get? Are they different at all? Well, I certainly thought they were, once. These days, I've started finding similarities and that to...to the very surprising levels. Let me give you an instance...

I am addicted to the brother man's dialogue which goes like, "Wassup, dawg?". That actually, in the good sense just means, "How are you doing, pal?". Well, I went to Florida a few months back to meet an ex-roommate from Bangalore. And, I met my friend at the airport and the first thing, he said, "Eppidi ra irrukke, naaye?"...and that my dawg...translates exactly to "Wassup, dawg?", isn't it?

Or is it that I am watching a little too much of Joey in Friends? :-)

2 comments:

Sandesh said...

I also like brother's another dialogue.
We were at a mexican restaurant eating chimichanga and two brothers were at a table near ours.
And our main brother goes..."I like this Shit"...obviously refering to the food he was having..

I am like "Oh shucks!! What a comparison !!"

Unknown said...

That's some strange shit, Sandesh ... LOL!