Monday, October 10, 2005

I am just ... Bhargav Chit

It was the first week at work in US - I was told that a help desk guy would call me regarding an issue in one of the applications. The conversation went something like this...

Guy: Hello. Am I talking to "Bergeoav Sheet"
Me: (Whoa...shit??...did I hear shit?) Yes. Hello!
Guy: Did I say that right? How do you pronounce your name?
Me: (Proudly...clearing my throat) Bhargav Chit.
Guy: "Bhergeov Chit"
Me: (Thank you...gawd...He missed shit...phew!!) Yes, that's close.
Guy: Are you from Asia?
Me:
(How the f**k did he know? My accent maybe...hmm!!!)Yes, from India.
Guy: Asian names are so tough to say. I find it difficult most of the times.
Me: Hmm...May I know your name, please?
Guy: Oh, I'm sorry. I am Oleg Ovastrozhetskii.
Me: (Yeah baby...now thats what I'm talkin about...an easy name) Hello Oleg.
:-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ROFL...

Damn funny mach. Keep it rolling. Will look forward to more stuff from ya

Mohit said...

Wow.. Nice to meet Mr. Oleg Ovastrozhetskii

Sandesh said...

Ovastrozhetskii was tougher to spell than say I guess